The Benefits of MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems)
Many of our customers know instinctually that a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) will enable their business transformation. Just as important, however, is the need to build a solid business case with a tangible Return-on-Investment (ROI) to confirm the business value and secure the resources to move forward.
Brock is often engaged in helping develop MES business cases. We work collaboratively with our clients to estimate the expected operational benefits and understand the less tangible business benefits that come with the required MES solution. After implementing the solution, we validate where and how the anticipated benefits have been realized.
Typical MES benefits include:
- Better visibility & decision making
- 5 to 10 percent improvement in quality/yield
- 10 to 30 percent increase in throughput/uptime
- Elimination of most (80 to 90) percent Manual Data Collection & Analysis Activities
- 10 to 20 percent improvement in Schedule Adherence
- Better Inventory Management (including fewer stock outs, lower inventory levels and more accurate inventory)
- Enhanced Regulatory Compliance with electronic Track and Trace