Join Us at This Year’s 2015 Rockwell Automation Fair for a Live Demonstration of a Metals Mes Solution Using Rockwell’s Factory Talk Production Centre
- The demo walks you through MES functions for a Secondary Metals industry application.
- Starting from a coil you will see how a product order is created, tracked & traced, and how quality and inventory are managed.
- The demo uses standard Rockwell FactoryTalk Production Centre (FTPC) out-of-the-box, and is based on real cases.
Benefits of MES in the Metals Sector:
- Fundamental to a technology transformation for metals companies that are growing and seeking operational excellence.
- Offers the foundation and system for modern manufacturing enterprise and execution.
- Allows for tracking and reporting out the history of end products (e.g. pipe, tube, bars) back to the original primary material (e.g. billet, coil, slab) or even further to the raw materials that went into forming the metal batch.
- Offers tracking of inventory by location, alloy / grade, size, and quality status.
- Provides enforcements on material verification and fit-for-use of materials prior to starting the process.
- Integrates from ERP level down to controls. It passes down product requirements, recipe parameters, equipment set points, and links to work instructions.
- Reports information back from controls and MES up to ERP on actual materials consumed, scrap and recovery percentages, and order execution status.
About Brock Solutions:
- Brock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations globally.
- Brock has deep experience implementing real-time operational systems (drives, controls, historians, MES) across primary and secondary metals manufacturing.
- Brock is a recognized Rockwell system integrator that has designed, built and supports some of the largest MES solutions in North America and Europe. We have many stories to share about how we work with Rockwell MES and can also discuss our unique methodology for making MES projects successful.
- Where can I see it?
Join us November 17 – 19 at the Rockwell Automation Fair in Chicago, IL. Contact Robin Wilson for more information.
Robin Wilson, Brock Solutions